Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another quick hello

All is well in Zomba. I am in my second week at work. I am still meeting a lot of people including a bunch of expats. There is a great mix of people working here.

This year is going to be a lot different from my first time around in the Peace Corps. Malawi is not quite as developed as Bolivia, but here in the city working with the city government there is a lot of work being done and there are resources available to get some work done.

I am still working on settling into my new home and workplace. Today I will be riding along to the city schools to pay for the orphan and vulnerable children to go to school for the year. I am looking forward to seeing more areas of the city. I have basically been traveling back and forth to work along the same route.

This weekend I will be heading to the capital for 4th of July celebrations at the US Ambassadors house. It should be a great time to meet the other peace corps volunteers in Malawi. The 6th of July is the Malawian Independence day and I am planning a bike trip up the Zomba plateau that has been warming welcoming me for the past week.

More to come soon...

1 comment:

Map of Malawi